It’s that time of the year. For me this is actually the best time of the year because it’s summer! Yaaay!
I love summer, but not only because of the beautiful hot weather, the long days and crazy nights, the beautiful sunsets we can see almost every day, the sunny days spent on the beach and the lovely memories that we create these incredible few months…
But I love this season and it’s my favorite one also because of the endless fresh healthy nutritious food choices! Especially the big variety of fruits and vegetables. In my country we don’t have watermelon, melon, fresh berries, peaches and appricots all the year…
But in summer we have these goodies and they’re localy produced, cheap and so-o-o delicious!!!
Some of my favorite fruits ever are the strawberries. That’s why I’m more than happy that now is the time, and I can find them everywhere where I live and I can cook and experiment! That’s what I actually did!
And guess what – I have few awesome healthy vegan incredibly delicious recipes for you and I’m sharing them with you one by one!
The first one I’m sharing with you today is my new favorite breakfast! You know me, either I do fasting or not I never skip breakfast. For me breakfast is the most important and the most yummy meal for the day. So even it is 1 p.m. I always take my doze for the day of freshly home made breakfast and I really enjoy it every time!
So today I have for you this gorgeus vegan raw strawberry buckwheat porridge that is so delicious, so nutritious and so easy to prepare, that I’m sure you’re gonna love it too! Actually I couldn’t believe how good the raw buckwheat tastes and I found a new way to eat buckwheat, which makes me so happy and my belly is always full! Hehe…
If strawberries are not your favorite berries, please feel free to replace them with raspberries, blueberries or other berries of your choice. I tested the recipes with different variations and it worked great with all of them!
So if you can’t wait to try this goodness, you’re more than welcome to keep reading and start preparing your breakfast for tomorrow! Here’s how:
- 200 g. raw buckweat
- 1 ripe banana
- 100 g. strawberries (plus more for garnish)
- 75 ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. agave (you can use rice syrup, dates syrup, maple syrup or just honey)
- a handful of dried fruits of your choice
- a handful of seeds of your choice
- Place the buckweat in a bowl and soak it in water and leave it in the fridge for the night.
- Start to prepare the porridge as you rinse the buckwheat thoroughly and then drain.
- Place 2/3 from the buckwheat in a food processor and add in all of the ingredients except the dried fruits and seeds. Blend about 30 seconds, you don’t want the porridge to be too smooth. It should look like porridge.
- Then separate it into 2 bowls and add the rest of th buckwheat on top of the porridge, some more strawberries and sprinkle with the dried fruits and seeds. Enjoy!