♥ Hey Wholesome Boho Friends! ♥ Good News! ♥ New Video is in the house! ♥
This 25 minute Energizing Morning Yoga Sequence is the best way to awake the muscles and start your day full of positive energy.
This beginner/intermediate yoga sequence will boost your energy, stretch and strengthen the muscles with a strong focus on breath and body alignment and will make you feel so good and ready to jump right into your day with lots of love, happiness and motivation.
My advice to you is to practice this in the morning on an empty stomach even before you had your first coffee and notice how it sets the tone for the day ahead. Get your workout in early, connect to your breath, be mindful and set your intentions for an awesome day!
But first, before we begin, I want to share with you some thoughts about one of my favorite postures from this sequence and tell you why I like it so much.
The pose being Camatkarasana also known as Wild Thing or Flip-the-Dog.
One poetic translation of Camatkarasana means “the ecstatic unfolding of the enraptured heart.” ♥
Why I Love This Pose:
I love this posture because of the following benefits:
• Chest opening and heat building around the heart
• Opening the front of the legs, including hips and hip flexors
• Builds strength in the upper arms and shoulders
• Stretches and strengthening the back
• Start in Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog).
• Bring your weight into your right hand and roll onto the outer edge of your right foot like Vasisthasana (Side Plank Pose).
• On an inhalation, lift your hips with buoyancy. Stay strong in your right hand making a clawing action with the fingers. Keep the head of the right arm bone back. On an exhalations, step your left foot back and place your toes on the floor with your knee partially bent.
• Curl back through your upper back to create a sweeping action of the shoulder blades into the back of the rib cage.
• On an inhalation lift your hips higher until you curl more into a backbend with your right foot solid on the ground.
• Keep breathing and curl your head back, extending your left arm from your heart and expressing your power and freedom.
• Hold for 5-10 breaths breaths, return to Down Dog and repeat on the other side.
* Find out more here.
So now I’ll stop talking and I hope you’ll like this new yoga class and the most important thing – you’ll feel so damn good after you finish it!
Now it’s time! Grab a mat, grab a water, and let’s face the day with a ease and positive mind! ♥