Hey, wholesome boho guys! It’s here! Our easy 20 minutes stress relief yoga video.
This yoga class is perfect for all levels. It will help you learn how to relax, let go and also find more flexibility. It’s a great practice for end up the day when you’re feeling tired or stressed out. Focusing on the breath while you work in each posture will slowly start melting tension away from you. Don’t forget to take long beautiful breaths in and out and allow yourself to let go of all that no longer serves you.
Now before we begin, I want to share with you some information about one of my favorite postures from this sequence with a therapeutic action, jam about it’s benefits and why I love it so much.
The pose being prasarita padottanasana or wide-legged forward bend.
Why I Love This Pose:
• strengthens and stretches the ankles, knees & quadriceps
• stretches the calves, groins, hamstrings & hips
• lengthens the entire spine
• stimulates the internal organs
• improves digestion and circulation
• increases blood flow to the brain
• calms the mind
• relieves headache, stress, anxiety, fatigue, mild depression and lower back pain
Wide-Legged Forward Bend How-To:
• Begin standing on your mat, facing one of its long edges in wide-legged position.
• Place both hands on your waistline
• With a long spine, hinge forward at your waist
• Lengthen your torso toward the earth
• Engage your thigh muscles by drawing them up
• Release your head and neck
• Shift the majority of your weight into the balls of your feet
• Reach the crown of your head toward the floor
• Draw your shoulders away from your ears
• Bring your fingertips to the floor, big toes or the outsides of your feet
Place blogs under your hands if fingertips is inaccessible or uncomfortable and prioritize a long spine over straight legs.
Trust me you’re going to feel so much better after you finish it. Just join me on this one and let me know how it was in the comments bellow! ♥
Grab a water, grab your mat and let’s get started…