Hey everybody! ♥
Welcome to our new Yoga Practice for Detox & Digestive Flow. This 30 min yoga class is designed to work your whole entire body with a great focus on helping your digestive system.
This is a fierce practice that is great for the digestive organs and abdominals and it’s perfect for you if you are feeling bloated in the belly or looking to tone to strong lean muscles. It will also help if you suffer from stomach discomfort and will leave you feeling refreshed and recharged after finishing.
Toxins are collected in the body from the environment and the food we eat. Our bodies have natural systems to detox and yoga helps to enhance these systems. By twisting you create this “squeeze” on your liver which is your body’s most important detox player which in return will fire up an internal cleanup of all the junk we consume every day.
We are creating heat in the body with some core work and pranayama and then we’re focusing on twists. Most twists directly affect the area below the ribcage where most digestion happens.
As always, before we begin, I want to share with you some thoughts about one of my favorite postures from this yoga workout and tell you why I love it so much.
The pose being Ardha Chandrasana also known as Half Moon Pose.
Why I Love This Pose:
The moon has a rich symbolic significance in yoga mythology. In hatha yoga, for example, the sun and the moon represent the two polar energies of the human body. In fact, the word hatha itself is often divided into its two constituent syllables, “ha” and “tha”, which are then esoterically interpreted as signifying the solar and lunar energies respectively.
And I love this posture so much because of the following benefits:
• Strengthens the abdomen, ankles, thighs, buttocks, and spine
• Stretches the groins, hamstrings and calves, shoulders, chest, and spine
• Improves coordination and sense of balance
• Helps relieve stress
• Improves digestion
* Contraindications and Cautions
If you have any neck problems, don’t turn your head to look upward; continue looking straight ahead and keep both sides of the neck evenly long.
• Headache or migraine
• Low blood pressure
Ardha Chandrasana How-To:
• Start from standing at the top of your mat. Bring your right foot all the way back so you’re at a Low Lunge with your left leg, hands framing the left foot.
• From here, engage your core, bring your right hand to your right hip and lift up your right foot and straighten your right leg out behind you, balancing on the left leg with your left hand on the floor. Gaze is at the left hand.
• Make sure your left leg is strong by engaging your glutes and quads, lifting up at the kneecap, and anchoring the four corners of your left foot, rooting into the earth for support.
• Now, rotate your right hip back, stacking it on top of your left hip. So instead of your hips being parallel to the earth, we want it to be parallel to the right side wall of the room.
• Next, energetically extend your right hand towards the sky, palm facing the right side of the room. Lift the shoulders out of your ears by gluing your shoulders blades onto your back. Maybe imagine you’re holding onto a pencil in between your shoulder blades.
• Stay with it for 5 slow, deep breaths.
• Slowly come out of it the same way you came in. Repeat the steps for the other side.
Modifications and Props:
Balance is always tricky in this pose for beginners. A wall is a useful prop, which you can use in one of two ways. Stand with your back to the wall, one leg’s length away from the wall. Exhale and bend forward into a standing forward bend, then inhale and raise your left leg parallel to the floor and press the left sole against the wall. Start with your toes turned toward the floor. Exhale again and rotate your torso to the left; at the same time, turn the left leg and foot until the inner foot is parallel to the floor. Rest your left hand on the left hip. The pressure of the raised heel against the wall will help you maintain your balance. You can also perform the pose with your back to, and leaning against, the wall.
Now let’s get started! ♥
I hope you will like this video and you will feel so much better after you finish it. If you do, please share it with your friends, give it a thumbs up and of course subscribe to our channel for more free yoga videos and meditation videos.
Lots of love ♥
Wholesome Boho Life